With the start of the New Year, thoughts naturally turn to change. If one of your New Year’s
Resolutions is to sell your home, then making the right resolutions can help you sell your home
quickly and for the best possible return.
Top 7 New Year’s Resolutions for Home Sellers
- Move Up Spring Cleaning – Time to do your spring cleaning now. Declutter,
depersonalize and make the home look roomier.
- Stage Your Home – Whether you hire someone or do it yourself, this is the time to
rearrange your furniture to make your rooms look bigger and brighter.
- Think it Through – Before you spend money on renovations and upgrades, think
carefully and don’t overspend by guessing.
- Take Care of Neglected Repairs – This is a great time to hire a handyman or break out
the tool belt to take care of deferred maintenance and take care of minor repairs.
- Interview Real Estate Agents – Hiring a real estate agent is critical to your success. Take
the time to interview a number of agents and choose the right one for your needs.
- Check out the Competition – Go see homes listed for sale in your area and adjust your
timing, staging and pricing based on the market.
- Prepare Mentally – Selling a home can be stressful. Be prepared for low offers, picky
buyers, drop-by agents and odd terms. Prepare yourself now so you will take them in
stride when you’re on the market.